New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Where should I buy my new PB? (US)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cal4ever

Hello all,

I was wondering where I should purchase my PB? Originally, I was going to buy my 12'' PB at the local Apple Store (Emeryville, CA). But after reading the posts on this forum (especially the one about the cracked screen), I don't think I trust Apple Care anymore. I would prefer to have a better care plan (i.e. like Comp USA's or any store like that). However, if I bought my PB at a store other than an Apple Store, I would not get the student discount--or would I? Any thoughts? Is saving a few hundred dollar worth it if I can't even get a decent care plan? Or should I just shell out more money for a better care plan.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
BeyondxBelief

I think you should get it at a Apple Store to get the discount. Other retailers such as Compusa or Bestbuy plans won't cover cracked screens either on their plans. I say stick with the Apple Store for the discount.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I think the problem with the cracked screen is how the screen got cracked. This is the second one I have heard of (cracked because the way it was placed in a book bag). I know that there many, many happy laptop users up there, with no problems (self included). Don't let two situation trouble you. Of all the reports I have read Apple Care has come through for the individual.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Daystar announces G4 upgrades for PowerBook G3s | Energy Saver settings »