New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hooking up xbox to macbook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MattBrinkman1

MattBrinkman1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM, nvidiaM GT + 256, Iphone (3G), Ipod classic 80gig.

I have a unibody 15' macbook pro.
I was looking at the xbox VGA adapter cables and wondering if i were to get a adapter to convert the mini display port to vga and then connect the other adapter would that work to display xbox on my macbook? if not can anyone give me any advice on doing it, or any products that might work?
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I'm under the impression that you can't use the internal display on the computer as a monitor, but i may be wrong. It might be possible if you get a TV tuner with component inputs, and plug it in via that, but don't quote me on that.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
MattBrinkman1

MattBrinkman1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM, nvidiaM GT + 256, Iphone (3G), Ipod classic 80gig.

well i know there is a product called eye tv hybrid, and i've seen people do that, but its around 120 or so. so im trying to find a cheaper solution..
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I think you're confused on how that product works. It's not a converter to your video out, that will not work. It's a TV tuner/dvr. Significantly different.. and also not cheap.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Solution for Hard Drive Clicking? Maybe this would work? | Carrying MBP around in sleep or deep sleep »