Looking to switch, is this one good?
    Hello all,

Been a pc user my whole life but I am getting sick of them and their issues. I found this one for sale and was wondering if it is a good one and worth the money.

"I am selling my Apple MacBook 13in (Now called MacBook pro) Aluminum Unibody. It is in great condition less than a year old few light scratches on the bottom from my desk.
    My unibody style is the one where you can take out the battery, hard drive, ram yourself unlike the current model.

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
    RAM: DDR3 3GB
    HARD DRIVE: 250GB
    GRAPHICS: Nvidia 9400M 256MB
    Dual layer DVD burner
    Webcam built in
    Backlit keyboard
    Windows 7 Ultimate is also on the machine with bootcamp
    Microsoft Office for MAC
    Battery is in good condition hardly ever unplugged from the wall.
    Still comes with box, and OSX disks
    IR receiver on the front for the remote
    I am including the apple mini display adapter to dvi and a monster DVI-HDMI adapter with a hdmi cable. So you can plug it into an external display. "

Thoughts about this machine? How much would you pay for it?

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Yes a good unit but in the end it depends on what u want it to do. Value/Price? - u don't even say what country u are in.

Sorry, didnt know I needed to list that in order for it to be a good buy or not! I am in the USA. I am looking for a general computer. A lot of internet use with some photo editing. Use the computer a lot for work, but its emails and what not, not programs that are pc specific.

Make sure you get the Microsoft Windows 7 disk also with it, else it could be an illegal copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'd ask if he'd be willing to sell it without the Microsoft Office programs, unless you really want them. There are very good free office suites available on the internet, like OpenOffice or NeoOffice and paying for something you might not use isn't nice.

I didn't know about the Dual layer DVD burner in Macbooks. Could someone confirm they can do this?

If you would buy such a machine new and all you'd pay, I think, around $1000-1300, if I haven't missed anything. I'm not really sure, but I think that is the price you'd pay for a new machine like this. You could check the current models and the prices you pay for new ones and their stats: Apple - Find the MacBook that's right for you.

I'm not sure what is a reasonable price, but you should always consider buying a new laptop, like the cheapest macbook.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Periculum View Post
    I didn't know about the Dual layer DVD burner in Macbooks. Could someone confirm they can do this?
    I don't see why it wouldn't considering my MacBook4,1 can. >_>"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Knowing what country you live can make a difference as Macs are more expensive in some countries.

Is the seller listing an asking price? It sounds like the machine will do everything you want and more.

Yes, its $950.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I would say that's a good buy, a little on the expensive side. Mainly because of the software I think? I would say closer to 800 would be better.

You could go here. Select your country and fill in the specification of the machine and it will give you a quote. That way you will know if you are overpaying or whatever.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I would say that's a good buy, a little on the expensive side. Mainly because of the software I think? I would say closer to 800 would be better.

You could go here. Select your country and fill in the specification of the machine and it will give you a quote. That way you will know if you are overpaying or whatever.
    I disagree. That's a first generation Unibody machine. The Early 2008 models like mine are valued at about $1150 minus Windows.

I'd say about $1250 is a good price, $950 is excellent if it's in very good condition.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I put in all the Specs into Mac 2 Sell and this is what I got.

$1,290

So yes, very good deal.

Thread Information