Thread: Battery Mode

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro 15''
    Question Battery Mode
    Hey guys I'm just wondering, what is better for my battery life (MacBook Pro), when I am at home. Is it better for the batteries, when the cable is always pluged in, or it's better when I use my MAC on battery mode? Thank you in further!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetliaka View Post
    Hey guys I'm just wondering, what is better for my battery life (MacBook Pro), when I am at home. Is it better for the batteries, when the cable is always pluged in, or it's better when I use my MAC on battery mode? Thank you in further!
    This exact question has been asked many many times...please do a search if you're really interested.

But my personal opinion is...don't worry about it. By "stressing out about it"...you will shorten your life more than you will be able to extend your computers battery life!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Pigoo. I know this will have been asked a millions times. Unfortunately guys like me get very little time at work to search around the site. I did do a search but could not find the answer. I KNOW IT IS IN HERE SOMEWHERE though. So if you could answer it would help us new guys to the board and Mac world a lot.

I would like to know the answer too. At the moment i fully charge my MacBook Pro then urn plug. Once it gets to below 20% i re-charge. Some days when i am not at work i will let the battery run out completely as it does all rechargeable batteries good to run flat then get a full re-charge no matter what kind of application or device it serves.

Cheers

Thanks
    A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
    This is one of those questions that doesn't have an exact answer.

You don't want to always keep it plugged in or always discharge after recharging. For the most part, you shouldn't worry about it too much because battery technology has come a long way and power management is pretty smart on Apple products.

In my opinion, you should discharge the battery to at least 20% once a week is what I've read on a lot of laptop battery webpages. This will ensure the battery is properly working. On Apple's support page, it suggests calibrating your battery once a month to make sure the sensor is working properly.
    13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by andr3wkim View Post

You don't want to always keep it plugged in or always discharge after recharging. For the most part, you shouldn't worry about it too much because battery technology has come a long way and power management is pretty smart on Apple products.

In my opinion, you should discharge the battery to at least 20% once a week is what I've read on a lot of laptop battery webpages. This will ensure the battery is properly working. On Apple's support page, it suggests calibrating your battery once a month to make sure the sensor is working properly.

Thank you.
    A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by andr3wkim View Post
    Exactly why I didn't go into detail above. There is no simple straight forward answer to this question. Lots of opinions & other info out there...all of which does not point to any single "best" answer. There are just too many factors that come into play for any single user.

If there was a simple straight forward one sentence answer to this question it would be easy!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    it's pretty simple really, use the battery until it runs out, then plug it back in until it's fully charged, then repeat the cycle.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15 2.2 i7 4GB 750GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
    you quoted my thread hehe
    Apple Rocks

Thread Information