New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro 17 inch cooling pad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krzkrzkrz

krzkrzkrz is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Looking for a descent cooling pad for my macbook pro. At the moment, the CPU temp stays at 40-48 Celsius when I have my usual application opened. Which is quite cool.

However, for more heavy duty stuff (ie games, video editing software, etc), the CPU temp has a tendency to escalate to 70-85 Celsius. I was thinking that having a cooling pad will decrease the CPU temp a slight bit and enhance computer performance.

What do you guys think of the Belkin cooling pad ( Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad/Stand Review ) ?

Ive also download an app called smcFanControl which allows me to manually set the fan speed. On heavy-duty software and such, I set the speed for both fans to 6000rpm. I hope this isnt overkill.

Any other suggestions for better cooling pads for the mbp will be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« After complete wipe, osx 10.3.7 refuses to install | Mac OS X Install DVD keeps ejecting! »