Connect macbook to Japanese lcd tv?
    I know there have been many other topics like this, but I'm at my wit's end. I live in Japan and bought a new Panasonic tv with all the bells and whistles. I have tons of American dvds that I want to watch via my macbook. The clerks told me to buy a mini vgi to hdmi adapter. Did that and the picture was fine, but I have no sound from the tv; only from the macbook. So I went back and they told me that I had to buy a head phone jack with the red and white cables on the other end (Sorry don't know the technical words). So I bought that, and nothing!!! So I'm thinking I'm getting swindled here. I wouldn't care so much but these friggin cables are expensive over here in Japan and plus, I get so excited to watch dvds and sporting events on my new tv, via the computer and everytime I get home I get disappointed.

Help. What do I really need? If you can send a pic that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    For a definitive answer you will need to provide:

1. Which MacBook do you have?
    2. What is the model # of the TV? If you can find it on the U.S. Panasonic site that would be helpful so I can pull up the owners manual in english.
    3. Do you have a stereo/surround system also or does the sound have to go through the TV?

Panasonic has used the following - see if it has inputs labeled HDMI Audio In.
    If so they will be labeled HDMI 1 Audio In, HDMI 2 Audio In. The audio will need to be plugged into the one that matches the HDMI port being used by the computer.

(Or post a pic of the inputs on the TV, although the manual would be better.)
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information