New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

should i wait?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
stickerdontwork

 
stickerdontwork's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 97
stickerdontwork is on a distinguished road

stickerdontwork is offline
there was a video on youtube:
YouTube - New Macbook Pro & CPUs in January 2010?
it says that apple is releasing a mbp with new intel processors early 2010. i want to get a MBP for xmas but this is making me debate on waiting for it because i dont want a outdated computer THAT fast. has anyone else heard anything about this and would it be worth waiting for because there might be a redesign to the MBP too. i have a friend who this happened to also, she got the MBP with the silver keys right before the design change and i know macs last a long time but its a bummer when you have a outdated model right after you buy it, like the guys who bought the 24' imac a month before the 27' for less. Opinions, suggestions or anything else would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

 
D3v1L80Y's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 02, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 12,456
D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

D3v1L80Y is offline
This question is asked often.
The year, model, rumors and reasons for asking may differ... but the answer is always the same.

Buy Mac Pro now or wait?

Macbook pro, is now teh time?

Mac mini or imac or wait?

Whether to wait or not, and an imac or mini?

Buy now? or wait?

Should I buy Mac Pro today or wait ("old" inventory?)

I need to buy a MacBook Pro. Should I hold off or get it now?

Should I get one now? or wait for Snow Leopard, with potential price drop?

When to Buy?

Should I Wait to Purchase a MacBook?

How long should I wait to purchase?

Buy a Macbook Pro now or wait?

Macbook Decision

Should I buy or should I wait?

Is it a goodtime to buy a macbook pro?

Should I wait to purchase a new ibook?

iBook G4 now, or wait for G5?

__________________________________________________
Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
yamawho

 
yamawho's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 07, 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 120
yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

yamawho is offline
Seems to be the right time if you are looking at the MacBook, Mini or iMac however. Thanks for posting the link to the video.
QUOTE Thanks
stickerdontwork

 
stickerdontwork's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 11, 2009
Posts: 97
stickerdontwork is on a distinguished road

stickerdontwork is offline
welcome, but i realize that computers will get outdated very often but a matter of days, not months is what annoys me. but i was checking the comment section and people were saying no body needs that much unless they're doing really heavy computing so i think i will get it for xmas and not wait
QUOTE Thanks
yamawho

 
yamawho's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 07, 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 120
yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

yamawho is offline
No but some people have purchased their iMacs and seen a 700$ price drop the following week ...

The MacBook looks like a good deal for now, they also changed the monitor which sucked on the other version.
QUOTE Thanks
iheartapples

 
iheartapples's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 14, 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 15
iheartapples is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook -2.13 Ghz, 160 GB hard drive

iheartapples is offline
I think it comes down to what you need personally. It's always tempting to get the newest model.

I saw that the new models came out recently, and did a casual check of prices. I was happy to discover the older models had a decent price drop, and I jumped. This macbook has everything I need, and because they were trying to get rid of older stock, they threw in a 2 year warranty service plan courtesy of Apple, which was a nice bonus.

If having the newest model is most important to you, then you should keep that in mind. But if the current model meets your needs, then get it for xmas.

I'm new to Apple, and I don't know how often they come out with new stock per year.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

 
iggibar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 20, 2009
Location: C-Town
Posts: 4,067
iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

iggibar is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
No but some people have purchased their iMacs and seen a 700$ price drop the following week ...

The MacBook looks like a good deal for now, they also changed the monitor which sucked on the other version.
Well, it's their fault for not waiting a week if they are that worried about a price drop...anyways, even if the price drop does come in one week, you are allowed to exchange and save money
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Macbook Charger | Do you plug your power adapter into the wall or a surge protector? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
To wait, or not to wait? That is the question... ogacon Switcher Hangout 9 03-21-2008 02:20 PM
To wait or not to wait... ID039 Switcher Hangout 2 08-13-2007 04:04 PM
iMac; buy now or wait for the rumoured new ones? BenBateman Apple Desktops 14 08-01-2007 11:16 AM
should i wait.... bigmof Switcher Hangout 1 03-26-2007 08:14 PM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 08:15 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?