Thread: should i wait?

should i wait?
    there was a video on youtube:
    YouTube - New Macbook Pro & CPUs in January 2010?
    it says that apple is releasing a mbp with new intel processors early 2010. i want to get a MBP for xmas but this is making me debate on waiting for it because i dont want a outdated computer THAT fast. has anyone else heard anything about this and would it be worth waiting for because there might be a redesign to the MBP too. i have a friend who this happened to also, she got the MBP with the silver keys right before the design change and i know macs last a long time but its a bummer when you have a outdated model right after you buy it, like the guys who bought the 24' imac a month before the 27' for less. Opinions, suggestions or anything else would be appreciated.

Specs:
    MacBook

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Mac Mini late 09 version
    Seems to be the right time if you are looking at the MacBook, Mini or iMac however. Thanks for posting the link to the video.

welcome, but i realize that computers will get outdated very often but a matter of days, not months is what annoys me. but i was checking the comment section and people were saying no body needs that much unless they're doing really heavy computing so i think i will get it for xmas and not wait

Specs:
    Mac Mini late 09 version
    No but some people have purchased their iMacs and seen a 700$ price drop the following week ...

The MacBook looks like a good deal for now, they also changed the monitor which sucked on the other version.

Specs:
    White MacBook -2.13 Ghz, 160 GB hard drive
    I think it comes down to what you need personally. It's always tempting to get the newest model.

I saw that the new models came out recently, and did a casual check of prices. I was happy to discover the older models had a decent price drop, and I jumped. This macbook has everything I need, and because they were trying to get rid of older stock, they threw in a 2 year warranty service plan courtesy of Apple, which was a nice bonus.

If having the newest model is most important to you, then you should keep that in mind. But if the current model meets your needs, then get it for xmas.

I'm new to Apple, and I don't know how often they come out with new stock per year.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
    No but some people have purchased their iMacs and seen a 700$ price drop the following week ...

The MacBook looks like a good deal for now, they also changed the monitor which sucked on the other version.
    Well, it's their fault for not waiting a week if they are that worried about a price drop...anyways, even if the price drop does come in one week, you are allowed to exchange and save money

Thread Information