Hi all,

wow, it's been a wee while since I have been on here. My life got a bit hectic a while back and I haven't had the time to browse forums like I used to.

I just got another external hard drive for my first Gen MBP and decided to see how much SSD drives were. I found a 128Gb drive made by Kingston for £167 which is a lot cheaper than when I last looked.

Even though this is relatively cheap, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of either

a) Using this drive in their MBP

c) Putting an SSD into a MBP?

I have glanced at stories about intel SSD's have degregation problems and so forth so just wondered what you guys think? would I be better off saving for a new MBP instead of trying to hoik up it's performance with a snazzy hard drive?

I still have my original 80Gb drive in and use the laptop every day for After Effects and editing. I do use external drives for big jobs but a lot of the time I find my self working on stuff from the internal drive so I guess I am just a little wary of how SSD's handle a lot of read/writes.

I'm still running OSX 10.4.11 as well. This is as stock as they come! :-) apart from now having the maximum 2Gb ram installed.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give,