New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I just got my new Macbook Pro 17" 2.8ghz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BmwM3AF

BmwM3AF is on a distinguished road

I had a previous macbook pro (2.4ghz 15") but wow this thing blows it away in every which way!

I can game on this one which was never possible on my older macbook pro, though gaming is not my main focus.

I went for glossy screen as reflection versus the color it brings out just didnt seem a problem - I enjoy how much more vibrant the colors are in glossy.

Anyone able to direct me to a link, or tell me all thats different and capable of my new laptop versus my old mactop ?

My new one is 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, 17" Screen, i'm not sure which graphics card but I believe the nvidia 9600?

Appreciate it!!
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Congrats!!!

That's an awesome machine!

You have both graphics cards actually that you can easily switch from one to another in your energy saver settings.

Glossy really does make a difference...for me at least. I actually have the same exact spec MBP pro as you although it's the 15 inch. That 17 inch screen must be amazing!

Enjoy it! Pictures are always welcome too
QUOTE Thanks
deathcloud

deathcloud is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD

Man how I wish I had the 17 inch! LOL, I mean that thing is awesome. The only thing I can do is look at it and drool. I wish I had that graphics card too as well. However my 13" will do justice until I do upgrade later on. But it will be the 17"
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcloud View Post
Man how I wish I had the 17 inch! LOL, I mean that thing is awesome. The only thing I can do is look at it and drool. I wish I had that graphics card too as well. However my 13" will do justice until I do upgrade later on. But it will be the 17"
I got my used MBP 17" about 3 months ago for $725...so if you're open to buying used, you may not have to wait as long for the upgrade!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
deathcloud

deathcloud is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD

Wow that is a great deal. 725? No way? Hmmmmmm. I dunno that is very tempting... But I would have to sell my 13" MBP and it has the 3 year accidental on it from best buy as well. At least I know that it isn't that bad to make the upgrade. I was thinking around 2000 bucks LOL
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I will never go back to anything less than the 17" MBP. I absolutely love mine.
QUOTE Thanks
HrlmWrld

HrlmWrld is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
I will never go back to anything less than the 17" MBP. I absolutely love mine.

Bigger is better I guess!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2GB memory not recognized on Macbook | Macbook pro upgrade »