I just got my new Macbook Pro 17" 2.8ghz
    I had a previous macbook pro (2.4ghz 15") but wow this thing blows it away in every which way!

I can game on this one which was never possible on my older macbook pro, though gaming is not my main focus.

I went for glossy screen as reflection versus the color it brings out just didnt seem a problem - I enjoy how much more vibrant the colors are in glossy.

Anyone able to direct me to a link, or tell me all thats different and capable of my new laptop versus my old mactop ?

My new one is 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, 17" Screen, i'm not sure which graphics card but I believe the nvidia 9600?

Appreciate it!!

Specs:
    Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Congrats!!!

That's an awesome machine!

You have both graphics cards actually that you can easily switch from one to another in your energy saver settings.

Glossy really does make a difference...for me at least. I actually have the same exact spec MBP pro as you although it's the 15 inch. That 17 inch screen must be amazing!

Enjoy it! Pictures are always welcome too

Specs:
    13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
    Man how I wish I had the 17 inch! LOL, I mean that thing is awesome. The only thing I can do is look at it and drool. I wish I had that graphics card too as well. However my 13" will do justice until I do upgrade later on. But it will be the 17"

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcloud View Post
    Man how I wish I had the 17 inch! LOL, I mean that thing is awesome. The only thing I can do is look at it and drool. I wish I had that graphics card too as well. However my 13" will do justice until I do upgrade later on. But it will be the 17"
    I got my used MBP 17" about 3 months ago for $725...so if you're open to buying used, you may not have to wait as long for the upgrade!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
    Wow that is a great deal. 725? No way? Hmmmmmm. I dunno that is very tempting... But I would have to sell my 13" MBP and it has the 3 year accidental on it from best buy as well. At least I know that it isn't that bad to make the upgrade. I was thinking around 2000 bucks LOL

Specs:
    15-inch MacBook Pro
    I will never go back to anything less than the 17" MBP. I absolutely love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
    I will never go back to anything less than the 17" MBP. I absolutely love mine.

Bigger is better I guess!

Thread Information