New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Weird things/Date/Time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bworthey

bworthey is on a distinguished road

I was just using my Mac teaching a class, everything was normal as far as I know. I just get home and open it up and my time and date has reverted all the way back to 2000. Anyone else having any problems today? Could I have a virus? Are there sites I can run a virus scan on a mac? Any advice???

Thanks,

B-Worthey

B-Worthey

MacBook 13" 2.0 Ghz, 4 gb RAM, 250 gb HD; 30 gb iPod
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Doubt it's a virus...did any students mess with the computer?

QUOTE Thanks
bworthey

bworthey is on a distinguished road

well I was doubting it too....and no, pretty sure they didn't. One student did use it, but I wouldn't worry about her doing anything to it. It doesn't appear to be keeping up with the time accurately still. It seems to be running fine now though.

B-Worthey

MacBook 13" 2.0 Ghz, 4 gb RAM, 250 gb HD; 30 gb iPod
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fans | Screen problem »