New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Adobe Acrobat, WMP, QuickTime, and new Powerbook Aluminum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

I just bought the new 15" powerbook Aluminum. I've been a lifetime Windows user so I am very new to this whole Mac thing. My first question is regarding Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0. I just downloaded it off the net and I can't open PDF files straight off the net. I have to download it onto the desktop and then open it from the desktop. On my PC I was able to open a PDF file within the browser and am wondering if there is a similar option on Macs.

I'm also having problems with video clips. I set my QuickTime application to run videos from the net, but for some the browser just will not open the video in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. All I get is a screen with jibberish on it when I click on a video link. ESPN.com and CNET.com are just some of the websites that give me these problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Well for one... yeah Adobe doesnt provide that possibility for opening PDF's straight from the net.. which after awhile you'll get used to it.. and sometimes even prefer it. Since I remember I used to love that about Reader on the PC, but then I realized it really made the system grow slow.. But at this point.. it doesnt do it as far as I know

Videos hmm.. that's strange that it is doing that.. could you give me a certain page so that I can take a look at it and see if it's just a page problem or if it is a setup problem on your side? I know most all sites work for me with quicktime..

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help!! | Daystar announces G4 upgrades for PowerBook G3s »