New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

IV:Oblivion GOTY Compatibility

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nik Nax

Nik Nax is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD

I was wondering if I can run Oblivion GOTY on my macbook? OS X anyways thanks

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Oblivion Level 51 Sorcery Archer
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

What year model MacBook? And you do realize that you will have to load Windows via Boot Camp to play the game since there is no Mac version of the game that I could find.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Nik Nax

Nik Nax is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
What year model MacBook? And you do realize that you will have to load Windows via Boot Camp to play the game since there is no Mac version of the game that I could find.

Regards.
I don't own a copy of Windows
White 15'' Macbook August 2009

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Oblivion Level 51 Sorcery Archer
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nax View Post
I don't own a copy of Windows
White 15'' Macbook August 2009
Best get a copy of it somehow
QUOTE Thanks
karlcagathon

karlcagathon is on a distinguished road

I have a 13" MBP (2.26 GHz & a OCS SSD) and it plays fine. IN OSX.
There are versions for OSX about, you just gotta find them.
With settings on medium, at 1280x800, it plays fine, a little jittery, but I'm used to the 360 version.

I'm sure if I play with it and turn stuff to low, or even just decrease the screen res a tad, it'd be fine. Even on the 360, when there were swarms of enemies it would also slow down.
QUOTE Thanks
frontyardpro

frontyardpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlcagathon View Post
I have a 13" MBP (2.26 GHz & a OCS SSD) and it plays fine. IN OSX.
There are versions for OSX about, you just gotta find them.
With settings on medium, at 1280x800, it plays fine, a little jittery, but I'm used to the 360 version.

I'm sure if I play with it and turn stuff to low, or even just decrease the screen res a tad, it'd be fine. Even on the 360, when there were swarms of enemies it would also slow down.
I am very confused, Karl. I am unable to find anyone that says you can play Oblivion on MacOSX. I have a brand spankin new MBP (2.8 GHZ) and I am sure I can run any game now. Also I do not have an OCS SSD, would that matter? I am a HUGE fan of oblivion, but honestly have never owned it myself. Hopefully you can clarify. Your not using WINDOWS for this right?
QUOTE Thanks
jeffm

jeffm is on a distinguished road

I installed Virtual Box on my MBP and was able to get it loaded on XP but am now getting the error: Failed to initialize rendered. NiXAdapterDesc::GetDeviceCaps() failed.

I've been reading a few Oblivion forums and it can be done but it's a bear. Give me some time to chase and once I've got it up and running I'll post the steps to make it work.
QUOTE Thanks
jeffm

I finally got it working! You'll need to install Bootcamp to run it. It's very straight forward and works like a charm. Bootcamp's requirements are XP SP 2 but I'm playing with SP 3 (there's a patch for it but I haven't needed to do it yet.)

Just another reason I love my Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
I finally got it working! You'll need to install Bootcamp to run it. It's very straight forward and works like a charm. Bootcamp's requirements are XP SP 2 but I'm playing with SP 3 (there's a patch for it but I haven't needed to do it yet.)

Just another reason I love my Mac!
Glad you got it working. But the bottom line is still the same as my original reply... you need Windows to run Oblivion.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
jeffm

LOL! Note to self: "Read all posts before replying!" Had I read yours I would not have had to spend the day tweaking VB and giving it up as a bad job. Ah well thanks for paving the way chscg... sorry I chose to follow another path.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Air 3G connectivity | price check »