New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New Macbook Pro Battery Health

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m3rih

m3rih is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Mid 2012

Hey guys I have a problem with my battery. I bought macbook pro 15 days ago. Namely, it is new. Until today,battery health was %100 and between 6000-7004 mAh. However, now suddenly battery health dropped %84 and 5504 mAh. It was just 14 cycles. I did not understand what happened? Can you tell me what is the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Try calibrating the battery, see if that resolves the issue. If that does not, you might try a smc reset, although I'm not yet sure how that works with the new series laptops. If that fails to resolve the situation, I'd call applecare.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

I cannot call apple care. I m from Turkey. May the battery be defective? Until today, there is not problem.
QUOTE Thanks
crazypotatos

crazypotatos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rih View Post
I cannot call apple care. I m from Turkey. May the battery be defective? Until today, there is not problem.
Did you try calibrating the battery? And if you can't call them you can also do a live chat.

QUOTE Thanks
andr3wkim

andr3wkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M

6000-7000 mAh? Which model is it? This is pretty high unless you have the 15" model. The 13" should be somewhere around 5000 mAh.

I suggest calibrating the laptop (Use the battery until there's nothing left, leave it alone for 4-6 hours, and finally re-charge it fully).

If that doesn't solve it, time to call Apple.

13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

15' inc macbook pro. Ok guys. Thanks for replies. I give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

Hey guys my battery problem is still lasting. I calibrated my battery and everything was fine. However; suddenly again my battery health has dropped from %100 health to %85 health, from 6600 mAh to 5555 mAh. This occurs everytime. My battery health changes between 6600 and 5555 mAh everytime. I did not figure out what the problem is. May my battery be defective?
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypotatos View Post
Did you try calibrating the battery? And if you can't call them you can also do a live chat.
How can make a live chat?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RAM Upgrade | Hey guys! »