New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBooks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zichau

Zichau is on a distinguished road

What MacBook would you choose if it was to be used for School, PhotoShop, Animating and some "low end" gaming. The highest I'm willing to go is MacBook Pro with 2.66 GHz processor 4 Gigs of ram and 2 graphics cards.

Also what MacBook do you have and what do you use it for?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

It depends on what screensize you want also, if you settle for a 13" screen, you'll be fine with the alu MacBook.

If you want the 15" screen you'll have to go with the MBP 2,53 GHz, or the 2,66 GHz...which would due to the mentioned dual GPU's be an excellent choice.

I you can afford it, go for it!!

My MBP is highly overrated for what I do with it, I got it mostly for the sheer power of the thing and I could not afford the 17", otherwise...
I browse the I-net, read emails, play games, and record music, watch, convert movies, nowadays.

QUOTE Thanks
Zichau

Well, 13" would be fine, but I kinda think I'd like the extra GPU
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I can assure you, the thing is great, and does just what it's supposed to do.

QUOTE Thanks
Zichau

Hmm, would it be wise to buy it now? Or will they update it soon? Cus right now I'm thinking that 15" MacBook Pro is looking pretty tempting
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I think it would be safe to buy a MBP right now. The refreshed the product line back in June. Here is a helpful link:

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zichau View Post
Hmm, would it be wise to buy it now? Or will they update it soon? Cus right now I'm thinking that 15" MacBook Pro is looking pretty tempting
Just for you.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Zichau

Thanks. How long do you think this Configure - Apple Store (Danmark) is going to be up to date? I'm kinda expecting 5-ish years. Is that to much to expect?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

I think it's more along the lines of 3-4 yrs.

QUOTE Thanks
Zichau

Okay thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my ODD faulty again!? | Printer PDF problems »