New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Apple won't cover my cracked screen...There goes another $1259!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StealthMode

They called me today and told me that they will not cover the laptop because their screens are not designed to crack (no sh*t) and it must have been my fault that it broke. (even though I nor anyone else even touched it in the 10 minute span that the lid was closed when it cracked.) I've only had it for 3 weeks! I also spent $350 on the dam 3 yr. warranty. So now I have to pay $1259 to get a new screen installed.... I'm a college student, I can barely afford the monthly payments on top of everything else, much less ANOTHER screen! I have do all my assignments on that thing, I am pretty much screwed for now..
They are shipping my PowerBook back now. I am so frustrated...

/End rant....

Stealth -

[edit=graphite] Edited for slight profanity [/edit]
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Wow, that sucks.. I am very surprised... and kinda disappointed in apple. I can only hope that they will find this as a flaw and in the time to come maybe offer a half off. Else something!

I would suggest buying a stand alone Flat screen, and hooking it up and using that as the monitor. forget the current one.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Take it up to the next level. Speak to one of the support managers. If you brought this new and have Apple Care, they should resolve your problem.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

my dad always told me when i have a problem to go to the store with the broken product and all your paperwork and raise your voice if they dont seem to be helping it just creates a scene and they will want to come out of it as the good guy so they usually comply with your needs. i tried that with a pair of bang & olufsen headphones and it worked they just gave me the brandnew pair
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I agree with rman.. if the person you talked to won't help you.. talk to someone else.. if they wont' help you.. talk to someone else.. I keep hearing about the support of Apple and Im getting quite disappointed with ti.. Love their machines, suspicous of their support It would have been nice to talk to someone else BEFORE they sent your machine back, but I would still do it.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

I talked to 2 people, the second person actually helped me send my laptop down. Then today the tech people called me and told me what it was going to take.. I had 2 options, they hold it and fix it for $1259 or send it back to me. Well, I thought sending it back to me would be the best since I can't afford a new screen right now... So they are shipping it back to me, possibly today allready. I am so tourqued! Today has been a real bad day, all my assignments, and all the work I do from school I do on my Mac. If I get a flat panel monitor, (I'd love to get one) that will limit my allready bad portability. For the most part i am screwed..

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If there is an Apple Store in your area, take it in and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

Yeah I wouldnt settle for that.. I can understand for them it is hard to trust consumers that they are telling the truth, but be persistent
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

About an hour a way more or less. With school I don't have time to go anywhere. Saturday migh tbe a day to go though. Cept I have no money and it is located in The Mall of America, and I wouldn't mind picken a few things up Maybe eat at hooters or something.

Steath -
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

priorities, priorities my brother
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

stealth

hooters and apple what other reasons could you possibly need
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

LOL Basically
Hopefully this saturday I can go down there.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Ouch! I hate that for you stealth, I did a lot of checking around when I bought my mac and I have seen soooo many post about how crappy the support for apple seems to be. Well I went ahead and purchased my powerbook so far no problems... but if something tears up i'd like to believe Apple would fix it for me and not be (fill in word of choice)-heads about it!

As its been said, don't stop till you problem is fixed keep telling them you want to speak to thier supervisor eventually you'll find someone with common-sence enough.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Yea, there is no way I am going to pay that much money for this ****. Even if I could! This is alot of bull--**** :/ I am still within my 90 days, shouldn't i be able to return my mac because I an not satisfied with it?

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Whoa, I guess I am not alone, check this link out!
http://www.applelinks.com/articles/2...16142137.shtml

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Mouse | Sound output »