New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

new macbook pro 15" display woes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

niloym

niloym is on a distinguished road

Sometimes the display acts weird:
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~niloy/apple/pic1.jpg
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~niloy/apple/pic2.jpg

Then it goes away after sometime, only to come back later. Any clue? Shall I send back the notebook -- anyone with experience? Shall I get a ticket before sending back the notebook (cant visit a store in person).

the notebook is less than a week old!
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

Call Apple and explain to them what you're experiencing. They will more than likely have you send it back to have the screen replaced if they can't pinpoint a hardware/software issue. Good luck.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yep if its only a week old the next call i make would be Apple as ImageX has mentioned. Then they can make the judgment. Mind you if needs to be sent away you could have no Mac for a cpl of weeks even if they do say a 7 day turn around.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

If there is an Apple Store close I would take it in, or call like the others have suggested. Looks like the display panel is defective of the cable loose.
QUOTE Thanks
niloym

niloym is on a distinguished road

thanks guys. i already have a task number, and hopefully will get to the apple guys tomorrow when they open. unfortunately there is no store around, so i have to send in the laptop. didnt expect from apple!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2 songs from Hillsong | Macbook or Macbook Pro ? »