New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Any way to prevent my macbook pro from slicing my wrists lol?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

badhabits

badhabits is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD

I have a new 13" MBP. I generally use it either on my lap of the arm of the couch... my wrists like to press on the corners or sides of the machine... anyone else notice how incredibly sharp the edges are

it makes it so sleek it hurts, literally.

short of keeping my wrists off of it, any suggestions? any products out that address this???
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

something like the rain iLap would give your wrists something cushy to rest against.. keep the machine cooler too.. as well as your lap

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Duct Tape!

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
badhabits

badhabits is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD

the rain looks nice, but it only takes care of the front area. i have nice wide shoulders and my arms tend to rest on the sides of the machine at an angle
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

If you type correctly then your wrists should not be resting on the laptop. You could always try and correct your typing posture. Free solution too.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabits View Post
the rain looks nice, but it only takes care of the front area. i have nice wide shoulders and my arms tend to rest on the sides of the machine at an angle
You can put "duct tape" on the sides as well!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

It will soften with time as your wrists slowly erode the aluminum... kind of. Not really.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You can put "duct tape" on the sides as well!

- Nick
Hum might be simpler to just duct tape your wrist?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

Some realistic suggestions, including mine: CLICK

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Hum might be simpler to just duct tape your wrist?
Very true! I got hairy arms...so removing the duct tape is usually not much fun! OUCH!!!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Machine turns off every 29 minutes | Macbooks Differneces? »