New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mathiasfj

Mathiasfj is on a distinguished road

Hi
I'm an exchange student this year in USA and i'm thinking about buying a MacBook or a MacBook Pro. i just have 1 major problem. i would like to have a Danish Keyboard or at least Danish Keyboard software so i can write the 3 special letters we have and .
a contacted Apple Store online but i cant get it through Apple store.
I can buy the macbook in Denmark at the Danish Apple store but for some reason it cost 1000$ more, and they don't ship to USA
i home some of you guys will help me figure it out.
1. is it posible to buy danish "buttons" or a danish keyboard to put in the macbook or macbook pro?
2. is there any other ways i can get at least danish software for the keyboard so it writes the special letters without replacing the buttons?
3. anyone want to help me figure it out

Thanks
Mathias

sorry for all the spelling errors
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Well you could try setting that up under system preferences -> language & text. It's under the tab "Input Text." Check mark Danish and you should be able to start typing in that language.

It helps to have the keyboard glyph open so you know which characters are where on the keyboard.

You can do that by here:

The keyboard looks like this:

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'll try to help with the little I know about using different languages on the Mac.

I just checked the "input method" for languages - keyboards and Danish is listed. What that tells me is that you can select Danish as your language on your new Mac and also the Danish keyboard. However, the keyboard won't be an actual physical Danish keyboard. Instead the Danish keyboard will be displayed on the screen.

If it's just those three characters that are different, you should be able to use the "character viewer" to create them. Like this: , , .

By the way, my keyboard and language is standard US English. Hope that helps you somewhat.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Calijoefornia

Calijoefornia is on a distinguished road

There's a couple options you have. Here's the easiest way that I can think of:

1. Buy whatever mac you're thinking about buying.
2. Change the language to "Danish", which is accessible through these menus:
"Apple button">System Preferences>International
3. Order a Danish keyboard cover for the macbook (Probably from a Danish retailer online)
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiasfj

thx everyone
now there is only one problem and thats the money part, and i have to figure that out my self
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiasfj

a guy from a danish forum i'm using just gave me another way to do it, there is even better.. he told me to go into a apple store over here and just get them to order one home for me. then i could get it with danish keyboard without any extra cost.. i'm going to try that and see if it works
QUOTE Thanks
Juks

Juks is on a distinguished road

Im im kind of the same situation. Im going to the states and I would like to buy a new Macbook air. Did you succed in boying a mac with Danish keybord?. How aboud the power adapter, where there any problems using that in Denmark.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new macbook air cases | Top corner of screen went black. LCD problems »