New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Anyone had problems replacing a MacBook hard drive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

-nw-

-nw- is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at replacing my Macbook's (3,1/Santa Rosa) 80GB hard drive with a 320GB WD Scorpio Blue

My dad is worried that something might go wrong, preventing my MacBook from working. So I was wondering if anyone has had anything go wrong when swapping a MacBook hard drive and if anyone has any tips for doing this?

(I'll be following the guide on iFixit to replace it)

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Has he seen the guide on how easy it is?

Print out the iFixit guide.

Total of three pieces (counting the battery and hard drive) to take out and 7 screws.

It'll take all of 5-10 minutes.

Make sure you have the right screwdriver.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iajohnston

iajohnston is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro,

Purchased my first Mac pro on the Thurs and had it upgraded on the Saturday, I have been a PC for the last 16 years and changed over last week. backed up my system and changed the drive and 35 mins later the 500Gb was back up with all the apps.....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PBG4: System Failure message (bluescreen) on start-up after a kernel panic | Need to get an airport card for a sept 2008 macbook »