New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - What Do You Use to Protect Your Laptop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

morales

morales is on a distinguished road

I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You will find many good suggestions in the Sticky Thread here:

Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
xxcontender

xxcontender is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13" | 250 GB ATA Drive | 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 | OS X 10.6.1

i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.
QUOTE Thanks
fade

Common Sense.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

In addition to the suggestions you already received, I recommend a good notebook stand. Not only will it help keep your machine a bit cooler allowing air to flow under it, it will also provide some protection against those very nasty spills that you can read about in this forum.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade View Post
Common Sense.
Nice one. I was actually going to post the same thing and you beat me to it!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ticedoff8

ticedoff8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by morales View Post
I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.
They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

lol.....just be careful and keep it away from drinks and maybe a simple guard/case will do fine at least for me
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.
Had mine now for nearly 3 months, and it's still scratchless, and I'm going to keep it that way too.

Quote:
Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks
That's kind of a weird criteria, isn't it?

QUOTE Thanks
fade

In retrospect, that actually came out a bit more harsh/@$$hole-ish than I wanted it to.

I just meant to use your head about it. I don't keep drinks near it, that seems to be the big one. I also make sure I have a good grip on it before i move it. I don't keep it in a sleeve, but my backpack has a laptop sleeve so it hasn't really mattered yet. Mine has some light surface scratches on the bottom, but otherwise looks as new now as the day i got it. I did add a sticker, people frequently ask if i messed it up.

Oh, and ticedoff8, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Scratches on a bike and scratches on gear are indicative of someone that cant ride. I've been riding for 21 years, 12 on dirt as a kid and the rest on the street since i turned 18.
QUOTE Thanks
Corbab

Corbab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcontender View Post
i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.
A shell might is good cosmetically to prevent scratches and minor dings, but unless there is some sort of "super-shell" out there, it won't do anything to protect it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Clean screen = new MBP! | PBG4: System Failure message (bluescreen) on start-up after a kernel panic »