Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   What Do You Use to Protect Your Laptop (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/173757-what-do-you-use-protect-your-laptop.html)

morales 10-29-2009 02:16 PM

What Do You Use to Protect Your Laptop

I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.

D3v1L80Y 10-29-2009 02:28 PM

You will find many good suggestions in the Sticky Thread here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...es-thread.html

xxcontender 10-29-2009 04:10 PM

i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.

fade 10-29-2009 05:03 PM

Common Sense.

chscag 10-29-2009 05:41 PM

In addition to the suggestions you already received, I recommend a good notebook stand. Not only will it help keep your machine a bit cooler allowing air to flow under it, it will also provide some protection against those very nasty spills that you can read about in this forum.

Regards.

mdfuller 10-29-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fade (Post 933797)
Common Sense.

Nice one. I was actually going to post the same thing and you beat me to it!!!

ticedoff8 10-29-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morales (Post 933714)
I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.

They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.

Ballr24 10-29-2009 07:16 PM

lol.....just be careful and keep it away from drinks and maybe a simple guard/case will do fine at least for me

Sur3Mac 10-29-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticedoff8 (Post 933860)
They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.

Had mine now for nearly 3 months, and it's still scratchless, and I'm going to keep it that way too.

Quote:

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks
That's kind of a weird criteria, isn't it?:)

fade 10-29-2009 09:04 PM

In retrospect, that actually came out a bit more harsh/@$$hole-ish than I wanted it to.

I just meant to use your head about it. I don't keep drinks near it, that seems to be the big one. I also make sure I have a good grip on it before i move it. I don't keep it in a sleeve, but my backpack has a laptop sleeve so it hasn't really mattered yet. Mine has some light surface scratches on the bottom, but otherwise looks as new now as the day i got it. I did add a sticker, people frequently ask if i messed it up.

Oh, and ticedoff8, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Scratches on a bike and scratches on gear are indicative of someone that cant ride. I've been riding for 21 years, 12 on dirt as a kid and the rest on the street since i turned 18.

Corbab 10-30-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxcontender (Post 933773)
i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.

A shell might is good cosmetically to prevent scratches and minor dings, but unless there is some sort of "super-shell" out there, it won't do anything to protect it.