New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Any Recommendations ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

saltnwater

saltnwater is on a distinguished road

Someone is getting me a macbook ...

It will be my first time ever owning an apple computer. I am a writer. Plus I do like to do video blogs sometimes and take photo's. I am really into creative things.

Also ; from what I read and hear the iSight camera is good ?

Do you have any recommendations for a hard shell case that stays on all the time or should I just let it go naked ? How about which duplex printer do you use ?

I am very excited about getting a macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

If you are usually mobile when writing, and you feel that the environment your MacBook is in will damage it or harm it, you can check out this thread about MacBook cases/sleeves. Do you know if this is a 13", white or unibody MacBook? Or a 13", 15", or 17" MacBook Pro?

The iSight is very good, helpful for taking profile pictures, or having fun with your friends messing with the different effects and such. Can capture video as well, so you can video blog. iPhoto is a great software (already installed on your Mac) for photos and such, and organizes them all for you.

Never used a duplex printer, but I do use a HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One printer and works well with my MacBook. You will have to install divers for use of the scanner, but you can just plug&play with this one, at least I could.

You will enjoy your MacBook, I guarantee it

QUOTE Thanks
saltnwater

saltnwater is on a distinguished road

Ah thank you very much. It is a 13" white unibody macbook.

I can't wait to try out iMovie. HP rocks I might get one.

Again thank you for responding. I decided I will just get a case to use for when I am not going to be using it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How much water is harmful? | Strange Noise from key board »