New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Lost Memory

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Alkt03

Alkt03 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I bought a WD 500gb firewire external and after I set it up I got a message saying that I had no space left on my computer. I checked my Mac HD and found that I only had 27mb left. Prior to installation I had around 18gb and now I have no idea where it all went. Does anyone know what I can do to get back this memory.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Try

HD>application>utilities>disk utilities

Click on first aid, choose the HD and then Repair Disk Permissions
Then reboot ...
Empty trash as well.

Or you can download onyx or MainMenu and run system maintenance and clean out all un wanted caches and such .....

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 13' Aluminium Macbook Webcam and External Monitor Question. | Is it really better to upgrade RAM yourself? »