New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Keep my 13 inch uni or trade for 15 inch 2008 MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MightyJohn

MightyJohn is on a distinguished road

I have a chance to trade my 13 inch unibody MBP for a 15.4 inch 2008 (not uni) with these specs...

Snow Leopard. 2.4ghz 4GB ram and 256 Invidia graphics card and 200GB hard drive. Includes MS Office and CS3. No dents or deads pixels. System works perfectly. Will include Call of Duty 4 for Mac as well. I still have the original box, disks and extra cable (DVI) as well as all the power cable goodies.

What do you all think... should I do it? or should I say is it worth it?...
QUOTE Thanks
badhabits

badhabits is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD

I wouldn't... Just because of the battery life. One of the perks of our new MBPs is the battery life, which you would lose most of in that trade. Plus, our screens are far superior to the old ones..

just my opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

the 08's screens were the first of the high efficiency ones that ended up in the 09's iirc... which would mean.. battery life would be different, but you'd have the ability to use an express card.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
MightyJohn

MightyJohn is on a distinguished road

pardon my ignorance, but what would an express card do for me? he did say that it has the LED backlit screen like the new ones and that is was one of the last before the unibody.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

well, it simply allows an external interface to be rapidly installed (like eSATA, wireless cards, card readers, etc) not a huge deal if you're not doing high I/O operations to external hard drives etc really..

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backup to pc | 13' Aluminium Macbook Webcam and External Monitor Question. »