New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - External display audio problems..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paythemanning

paythemanning is on a distinguished road

hey guys, I recently purchased a mini display port+usb to hdmi for my macbook to connect to an hdtv. I have it all set up and both video and audio are working well but when i change the volume on the macbook from the apple remote the sound stays the same. The only way i can change the volume is via the tvs remote. I know that this isn't a major problem but it has been bugging me. I am using front row with the lid closed if that helps. Oh one more question, Is there a way to operate front row with the closed lid if the laptop is not using the adapter and how long would it be able to output video for? Thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Am pretty sure most all HDMI inputs treat the audio as a line in source. As such, you would not have control of the sound via the MB remote except maybe mute/unmute.

You're going to need to rephrase the 2nd question, for me at least??? You'll not get any video for any period of time on the TV if the cable is not attached.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
paythemanning

paythemanning is on a distinguished road

sorry for not being clear I meant the power adapter, not the video adapter. thanks for the quick reply too
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Bobtomay is right about the signal being line level. And you have to have the computer plugged into ac for it to work as you wish.

Hope this helps
clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« really need professional's advice | Macbook Pro not playing YouTube HD? »