New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Should I buy or should I wait?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Ashton

 
Member Since: Jul 07, 2009
Posts: 20
Ashton is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.8GHz i5, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5750 w/ 1GB 1TB hard drive

Ashton is offline
I'm not sure if I should buy a MacBook Pro now or later (by "now", I mean around Christmas time).

How long do you think before the MacBook Pros are updated?
QUOTE Thanks
andr3wkim

 
Member Since: Oct 14, 2009
Posts: 162
andr3wkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M

andr3wkim is offline
They might have a "slight" processor upgrade before Christmas, but highly doubt anything substantially new. If you need one (slow computer), I'd get one now and not worry about it.

Intel processor upgrades may begin early to middle of next year though.

13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

 
Eric559's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 18, 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,185
Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Eric559 is offline
Helpful links for you:

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone
Google
Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
ticedoff8

 
Member Since: Aug 28, 2009
Posts: 147
ticedoff8 will become famous soon enough

ticedoff8 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr3wkim View Post
They might have a "slight" processor upgrade before Christmas, but highly doubt anything substantially new. If you need one (slow computer), I'd get one now and not worry about it.

Intel processor upgrades may begin early to middle of next year though.
eBay's got a ton of MBP 15 & 17 for around $1k. Why wait?

BTW - Craigslist has some MBP 15.4 for $350 - but you have to pay up front to a dealer in the Ukraine - but I'm sure you'll get it sooner or later.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Turns on but beeps sound w/ no Apple start up logo. | Trying to install RAM on Macbook, not booting up »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Should I wait to buy? Rayovac Switcher Hangout 8 05-13-2009 05:20 PM
To buy or wait [iMac Intel] goobimama Switcher Hangout 8 05-09-2006 11:42 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?