New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Cracked Case - MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bworthey

bworthey is on a distinguished road

I noticed a slight chip/crack on the case of my MacBook....I'm not sure how this happened, but it's there. It is on the top, like above the light on the front. It is pretty tiny, but I'm still worried about things getting into it. Does anyone know of anything I can do? Will Apple replace anything on it? Got a couple of pics uploaded, but they are a little blurry...took them with my phone.

Thanks for the help!

B-Worthey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00126.jpg (549.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00127.jpg (542.6 KB, 12 views)

B-Worthey

MacBook 13" 2.0 Ghz, 4 gb RAM, 250 gb HD; 30 gb iPod
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Apple will replace it if you are willing to pay, it'll probably be more expensive than it is worth since Apple replacement parts are pricey enough by themselves then when you add labor it gets way up there.
QUOTE Thanks
bworthey

Do you think that slight crack is gonna pose any problems with my comp? Dust, etc, getting in there?

B-Worthey

QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Nah, there are plenty of vents in your system already that would allow dust in, I don't think that small crack will make any difference.
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

That is a known issue that is considered to be a fault and Apple will repair it free of charge. My wife's MacBook had exactly the same problem.
QUOTE Thanks
bworthey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinlondon View Post
That is a known issue that is considered to be a fault and Apple will repair it free of charge. My wife's MacBook had exactly the same problem.
That makes sense about there already being plenty of vents.

How would I go about getting it fixed through Apple?

B-Worthey

QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

If you are close to an Apple store, just book an appointment in the genius bar. Otherwise, I guess call them and ask where you should send it for the repair.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Link to your find your local apple store and make an appointment.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinlondon View Post
Had the same problem here. Made a appointment at the Apple Store and got it fixed.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iSight Webcam? | Can't upgrade to 10.5 »