New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - macbook 13 aluminum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wakeboarderr77

wakeboarderr77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 inch late 2008 aluminum macbook

am i just missing something or is the 13 inch aluminum macbook not on apple's website?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

It's there, look here.
QUOTE Thanks
wakeboarderr77

alright its possible i'm retarded. this is probably gonna sound dumb but do they make normal macbook in aluminum?
cuz if not i just ordered a macbook pro that i thought was a normal macbook...not that thats bad i'm just confused.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarderr77 View Post
alright its possible i'm retarded. this is probably gonna sound dumb but do they make normal macbook in aluminum?
cuz if not i just ordered a macbook pro that i thought was a normal macbook...not that thats bad i'm just confused.
In aluminum the pro is all that is available. The regular 13" aluminum was eliminated in June of this year when the pro was released. Only non-pro 13" is the white Macbook.

You can still get the 13" Alum. Macbook in the Apple outlet as a refurbished model.
QUOTE Thanks
wakeboarderr77

ohh. i ordered one from macconnection.com so they mustve just had extras still. was there any reason they got rid of it like was something wrong with it?
and are there any differences between it and the white?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
ohh. i ordered one from macconnection.com so they mustve just had extras still. was there any reason they got rid of it like was something wrong with it?
and are there any differences between it and the white?
The Pro model has the illuminated keyboard, SD card slot, FireWire 800 over the standard previous aluminum. The previous alum. and the white model are about the same machine with exception to the housing of course.

There were no major defects that I am aware of. I know there were some unhappy customers because of the lack of the FireWire port, so that is a nice addition to the current 13" pro.

What did you have to give for the Macbook? You can get the previous generation 2.0ghz model at the Apple Outlet for $899.00.
QUOTE Thanks
wakeboarderr77

well i gave them 1,029 for a 2.4 ghz aluminum 13.3 2 gb
did i get ripped off?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
well i gave them 1,029 for a 2.4 ghz aluminum 13.3 2 gb
did i get ripped off?
It seems ok on price. The outlet only has that model @ $1299 with a SSD.
QUOTE Thanks
wakeboarderr77

alright cool
one last question: does the aluminum macbook have the multi-touch trackpad?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
alright cool
one last question: does the aluminum macbook have the multi-touch trackpad?
Yes, it does. It is freaking awesome too! I find myself two finger tapping (for right click) on Windows machines, and after 4 times or so I realize I am not on my Mac! Enjoy the new hardware once it arrives.
QUOTE Thanks
wakeboarderr77

awesome i can't wait now haha
thanks for all the help bro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Brand new MP locks up every time I plug in the external monitor | Macbook To Hdtv Size? »