New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum, buy Apple care?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Calcium

Calcium is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" Macbook Aluminum, 2.0 GHz 2 GB DDR3 (Late 2008)

Hey guys. I've had my late 2008 macbook alum for almost a year now, and I was wondering if owners of this model have shelled out the cash to buy 2 additional years of warranty via Apple Care. So far, I've had no issues whatsoever with this macbook. I've heard both pros and cons of additional warranty. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I always buy extended warranty on any laptop it has come in handy a time or
two but if you upgrade alot maybe not but I keep mine for at least four years.
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

If you have the money do it.

If money is an issue, don't.

I would personally buy it, but thats just me.

If something were to go wrong with my 1,000 dollar laptop and I didn't have a warranty, I would be pretty sad...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I would definitely recommend purchasing AppleCare. Most problems occur a year or two after you purchase your laptop, so don't think that just because you haven't had any trouble yet that you never will.

I've had a bunch of warranty work done on my Macbook all within the last year. Had I not purchased AppleCare, I would have spent much more than the $180 it cost to purchase the extended warranty on all the repairs. My sister had a hardware problem crop up on her Macbook about two years after she got it and it's the same situation, the repair cost much more than AppleCare.

AppleCare is totally worth it, especially if you qualify for a student discount. Get it while you still can!

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Calcium

Calcium is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" Macbook Aluminum, 2.0 GHz 2 GB DDR3 (Late 2008)

Thanks for the replies. Applecare for my Macbook will cost $249. I was looking up Applecare on eBay, and some are selling it for as low as $75. Anyone have experience buying this product from eBay. Is it legit?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help with migration assistant | Looking to purchase an old used iBook, had questions »