New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - mac book 13 aluminum fan noise

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goodatflash

goodatflash is on a distinguished road

Hi pals,
I have dropped my macbook where I don't remember. and it caused it's fan to make noises. it works fine, it cools the cpu around 50-60 degrees, but just has noise that runs on my nerve when I am siting in silence working with my macbook.
I went to the warranty (macforum store in the city) and they asked me to pay around 150 euro and three weeks of waiting list to change the fan! I found some videos and how-tos in youtube about how to change a macbook fan/
first of all, have anyone done this? is it easy process by a normal graduate engineering student done? I think so.
but what I was wondering is how I can get the fan part number so I can purchace the correct fan? are there any stores in europe/sweden that I could buy the fan from rather than buying it from ebay?
thank you very much in advance
P.S. model identifier is macbook5.1
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can find the part number here along with instructions for changing it out, however, it's up to you to locate the part in your area.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
goodatflash

goodatflash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
You can find the part number here along with instructions for changing it out, however, it's up to you to locate the part in your area.

Regards.
Thank you very much, I found the fan, now I sent a few emails to local stores hope they reply me. if they don't I will just go to ebay, found a good one which states it is original
New Apple MacBook Aluminum Unibody 13.3" 13" CPU fan - eBay (item 250512527391 end time Nov-10-09 11:43:52 PST)]]
the price also looks ok
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Random Restart? | 4GB of RAM no recognized by MacBook »