New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook Random Restart?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CommanderKiri

CommanderKiri is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I bought a Macbook 13 inch in July for school. Works great. But today I was working and it just suddenly, without warning, reverted to the sky blue screen and RESTARTED.

I had plenty of things open. I was drawing on Photoshop (elements 4.0) with my tablet, and of course I lost all the changes I didn't save. Safari was open with a couple tabs, and I had a radio drama playing, streaming online from a safe site.

So why the heck did it restart without warning!?

Last night I was on my Windows 7 Release candidate with Virtual Box, but I don't think that should affect anything.

I looked on my system preferences and noticed a program I didn't notice before, called MacFUSE, down in my "other" preferences. Was it there already? I don't remember. What does it do?

Anyway. It's version 10.5. Any thoughts? I'm scared of it happening again.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If the random restart was a one time occurrence I wouldn't worry about it. You may have run out of system memory with all the stuff you had going on at once. If it does it again, (restarts randomly for no apparent reason), then it's time to let Apple look at it since it's still under warranty.

As for MacFuse, it provides read - write capability on the NTFS partition that you have for Win 7.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is Mini Display Port = Mini DVI? | mac book 13 aluminum fan noise »