New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro wont turn on...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bucio5000

Bucio5000 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like it wants to boot up but nothing shows on the screen. It even makes the "chime" sound. Battery is fully working and I tried the contrl, command +P+R with no luck. Please help. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

Does it show anything on the screen at all? White screen, grey screen, blue screen etc.? If the screen shows nothing, and the following instruction doesn't help anything, you may have an issue with your screen or the connection to your screen from your Mac.

Have you tried inserting the OS X disc and holding "c" while it starts up to see if it will boot from the CD? If so, you can go through the CD and use the Disk Utility to verify/repair disk permissions and verify/repair disk (if repair disk is grayed-out after verifying disk, don't worry about it). After you run both of these, reboot and see if it will load up this time.

Good luck.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
Bucio5000

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The screen is black or just say no color at all. We did try that OS disk deal at work and that didnt work either. My coworkers said the same thing about it maybe being a bad screen.

I do hear sound like things are running in there. I can put my ear on the bottom and hear hard drives working and stuff.

So thats probably it then uhhh? A bad screen? Any idea on cost?
QUOTE Thanks
Bucio5000

So... I got it fixed. Woot!

I ended up taking the laptop to our local apple store. Well it ended up being my graphics card.

I guess the company got sued by apple not too long ago for installing faulty Gcards and agreed to fix all "Recalls". I must have missed the memo but it got fixed free of charge.

Thanks for helping me narrow it down guys.
Till next time. All the best.
JB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Took Mac apart and doesn't work when put back together | Want to put an sata laptop drive into the connection that was used for my superdrive »