New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Battery and fan problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noblespirit

noblespirit is on a distinguished road

hello im new to this forum but i neeeeed help for some reason the battery in my macbook lost like 40% of its life and this happened literally over night! with a fully charged battery i was running around 4-5 hours of life when i was taking notes in class but now im down too just under 2 hours!
I got my macbook last year at around this time and i think that this acutally might be caused by the internal fan bc its always running now as we speak it is running and all i am doing is typing this topic

anyone have any clues on why its doing this
thanks!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
noblespirit

within 10 mins of posting this topic i just lost 30mins of battery life whyyyy!?!?!?
QUOTE Thanks
noblespirit

bump!
QUOTE Thanks
CherryLimeRicky

CherryLimeRicky is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I haven't been losing battery power, but my fan went on and stayed on continuously for an hour, I shut it down, then the next morning I turned it on and again the fan stayed on. I took it to my local MAC guy and he sent it in to Apple. Two days later they returned it as "not worth repairing". My macbook is 8 months old!

Right now it's at an Apple Store. They can't figure out what is wrong. I strongly suggest you take your computer to a repair shop ASAP!

ps The left side got extremely hot...
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLimeRicky View Post
Hi,

I haven't been losing battery power, but my fan went on and stayed on continuously for an hour, I shut it down, then the next morning I turned it on and again the fan stayed on. I took it to my local MAC guy and he sent it in to Apple. Two days later they returned it as "not worth repairing". My macbook is 8 months old!

Right now it's at an Apple Store. They can't figure out what is wrong. I strongly suggest you take your computer to a repair shop ASAP!

ps The left side got extremely hot...
I agree the op should take his machine in to the local Apple store or at least call Apple since it should be under warranty.

However, if you are in the U.S., I'd have to say whomever you took your computer to, did not send it to Apple. An 8 month old machine still under factory warranty, does not come back from Apple with a response of "not worth repairing".

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RAM Upgrade | Poerbook starting to die »