Question Sound Problems in Windows
    I recently installed Windows XP on my Macbook Pro with BootCamp, but I noticed that the sound coming out of the speakers is a lot quieter and more tinny than on OS X. I also experienced a lot of stuttering issues in games such as Oblivion even with low settings. I think there is something wrong with the sound driver, is there anywhere I can download a newer one?

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.2 2GB
    Did you put in your Leopard/Snow Leopard disc and install the drivers when you put XP on the computer? If you did, there should be a "Bootcamp Update" or something like that in the programs section of XP, and that will update drivers. If that doesn't work, then try re-installing them...
    15 inch MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 3GB ram and 160GB 7200 RPM HDD.
    Apple OS-X Snow Leopard / Boot Camp - Windows XP

Specs:
    Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin6432 View Post
    Did you put in your Leopard/Snow Leopard disc and install the drivers when you put XP on the computer? If you did, there should be a "Bootcamp Update" or something like that in the programs section of XP, and that will update drivers. If that doesn't work, then try re-installing them...
    Hello there!

Many of us are having the same problem and have been since earlier this year when Apple began shipping macbook pros with the Cirrus logic sound board (microphone and speakers). There is a large forum here:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Very Poor Volume Output - Windows XP ...

With a solution to get the speakers working in good order again (it's a custom driver) but the internal microphone is still non-functional. The best thing you can do at this point is take about 30 minutes to call and complain to apple. I've done so almost every week since August. It's ridiculous that they haven't fixed this yet. It's because of this negligence that I will probably purchase and ubuntu laptop from system76 next time. I might be harsh, but there is honestly no reason for it. The only thing I can figure is that Cirrus is responsible for the drivers and has failed miserably on that front. Either way, Apple needs to step up.

Trent out
    CodeSamurai | Facebook
    Twitter >> Flickr
    15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM

Specs:
    15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
    the stuttering in game is most likely because of the bootcamp program that runs in windows. if you turn it off in the start up items it should stop. the only problem is you will lose your keyboard shortcuts until its started again. it stopped the stuttering for me.
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.53 C2D - OSX SL and Win 7 professional

got the fix right here just did it and it works great. boot windows unzip and follow read me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information