New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Harddrive won't slide in my Macbook anymore.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anoukane

anoukane is on a distinguished road

I've got two harddrives for my Macbook. I've succesfully switched between them multiple times.
Now all of a sudden i'm not able to get either on of them in my Macbook. They won't fit anymore.
Any advice on what I should do now? I'm desperate 'cause I need it for my work.

Btw, it ran out of warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

It would help to know which one you have...
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Out of curiosity, why in the world would you need to swap them out multiple times?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

I too am curious as to why you would need to swap hard drives. I'm also curious as to what you mean by "They won't fit anymore."? I don't think hard drives swell up nor MacBooks shrink.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
anoukane

anoukane is on a distinguished road

Problem solved.

There are two rubber "track guides" for providing a cushion to the HD when it's slid into the unit. One of those track guides came loose and forced its way down near the SATA connector.

So yeah, the Harddrive didn't swell after all..
QUOTE Thanks
HiWhatsUpNothin

HiWhatsUpNothin is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoukane View Post
Problem solved.

There are two rubber "track guides" for providing a cushion to the HD when it's slid into the unit. One of those track guides came loose and forced its way down near the SATA connector.

So yeah, the Harddrive didn't swell after all..
Just as a tip I've noticed that on the torx screws that go on the sled for the hd there are two with bigger heads and two with smaller. You need to make sure the smaller screws are on the end of the hd that goes in first, otherwise the bigger heads will catch on the rubber track and tear the glue off and it's a pain to fix. Just my two cents
Jeremy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is it possible to do a system restore on a G3 ibook | Cracks in Macbook: covered by warranty? »