New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Problem with my mbp's colors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Hey guys, I'm noticing a problem with the colors on my mbp 15" uni. I have noticed this in the past, but only recently took it seriously. What happens is the screen seems to lose it's contrast...darker colors appear lighter. Two examples are: A background that originally had a black background now appears as a mix between black and gray shades. Another is seen when looking at pictures that I am familiar with...reds lose their redness and turn a slight pink. Pretty much the darkness of a color goes away. It goes away after I reset my mbp, but comes back at random times which I haven't figured out why yet. I feel kinda bummed out about it

I will be editing this shortly after I restart it to show you guys the difference.

Here you go...
The first one is the bad one, the second one is the way it normally looks. Geektool running or not makes no difference by the way.

I made the images smaller so they would take up less space, but now it's a bit harder to tell the difference..... and it's iphone shots so...
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else notice this problem? It might not seem noticeable from looking at two pictures, but when looking at it the way it is supposed to be, it changing colors is REALLY noticeable. I tried everything I could think of, from increasing/decreasing brightness, programs, lights...it still shows up the same. I'm not really sure what to even say to the genius guys either because all I would have to show to them are those two pictures...
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

System Preferences > Universal Access > "Seeing" Tab and see if the contrast is changed. This is the only thing I can think of. Good luck.

I also do not know why it would change the contrast or if anything because that is quite odd. TBH I think the first pic looks better but that's beside the point.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

The first pic looks better because the iphone took a clearer picture than the second one...should have waited a bit longer or taken a couple more. I had already tried that step, but normally, it is under the "normal" setting, and it changing would add more contrast, darkening the colors, but my colors seem to fade.
Again, it's iphone quality pics here, you know how those work out...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tap to Click | Will not Boot Past Black Screen »