New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MacBook Pro late 2008 model will not start or boot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TimBoston77

TimBoston77 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone, I have a serious problem with my MacBook Pro late 2008 model.

I closed the MacBook after working went home and tried to open it and it did not turn on. Tried restarting using the power button (3sec, 10 sec, flashed Ram, changed batterie, tried turning it on with and without different batteries (both fully charged) with MagSafe equipped and without, changed RAM (my upgrade back to original RAM), nothing. Batterie light and MagSafe LEDs are working, nothing else though. After pushing the power button no light comes up, the fans are not moving either. I have the feeling that the power button that I push is not working but don't know how to test this. Any help would be highly appreciate it before I send it in or go to an apple shop. Have to finish a presentation today or I will be effffed, any ideas?

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Well, if you're that much pressed for time, I wouldn't waste too much of it and take it on in.

Assuming it's still in it's warranty...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VGA cable Not working | 2.26 Ghz or the 2.53 Ghz? »