New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook loose casing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr. Drums

Mr. Drums has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi all. I have had my new MacBook (13" white) for about a month. i have recently noticed that the left side of the casing, near the ports, where the screws are, is a little loose. There is some give there and it will push in slightly to the touch. The right side is firm and has no give when touched.

I had not noticed this when I first bought it. It has not been dropped or carried around in the case at all yet.

Is this worth a trip to the Genius Bar, or is this common?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. Drums

Hi all - I posted this thread in the "Anything Goes" section, then thought I should repost it here.

I have a new MacBook (13" white) - had it about a month now. I have not taken it out of the house at all yet, so it hasn't been shuffled around at all. Just this week I noticed that the left side of the casing where the ports are and right around where the screws are, is loose. There is some "give" there when you touch it. This does not appear to be happening on the right side.

Is this worth a trip to the Genius Bar, or is this a common thing with MacBooks?

Other than that, I love the machine. It is everything I expected (new MacBook user here).

Thanks all.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I have noticed that issue before as well. Your screws might be loose on that side causing the casing to lift a bit. If you do not have the proper equipment to tighten the screws down, then I'd say it's worth a trip. Since the laptop is brand new, you'll get it fixed no questions asked.

QUOTE Thanks
Mr. Drums

Thanks for the advice!
QUOTE Thanks
njean777

njean777 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13in Macbook pro

hmm well if it is loose to the point were it bothers you and looks out of place then i would def take it to apple. A picture might help.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. Drums

njean777 - Visually it is not noticeable at all. There is no separation of the casing at all. However, you can feel it push in slightly to the touch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« super slow issue | MBP 15 power problems? »