New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MBP RAM Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

darbaugh

darbaugh is on a distinguished road

I've got a 15" early 2008 model MBP with 2gb of RAM. I just got snow leopard and am looking to max out the ram at 4gb. i know what type of RAM i need, and i came across these two on crucial's website. is there any difference in these? they have different model numbers, i know one says it is for a mbp and the other doesn't, but they look the same? i ask because i found the second one elsewhere online for under $50. i really appreciate the help, this is my first time purchasing ram for a mac!

4GB kit (2GBx2), 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 upgrades for Apple MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (15.4-inch) Laptop/Notebook, CT687602 from Crucial.com

CT2KIT25664AC667 - 4GB kit (2GBx2), 200-pin SODIMM , DDR2 PC2-5300 from Crucial.com
QUOTE Thanks
trungthiendo

trungthiendo is on a distinguished road

nope they are both the same, just one certified for the macbook and the other isn't, but it will still work
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Here is the kit at newegg for $59.

Have to question who the supplier is at < $50. You need to make sure it's a reputable company.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook not turn on | MBP AirPort problem: time out and shut down »