New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Battery Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tomavery

tomavery is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83 GHz 2GB RAM Mac OS 10.6.1

A measure of success! This morning, my computer decided it would recognise my battery! According to coconut battery, my battery is in a reasonable condition. The menu bar tells me it's 10 hours from fully charged, but that hasn't changed in about 20 minutes. When I'm feeling brave enough, I'll reset the SMC and see if that kicks my computer into charging the battery.

Also note that my computer is apparently 2000 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2009-10-01 at 08.01.30.png (50.1 KB, 2 views)
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomavery View Post
A measure of success! This morning, my computer decided it would recognise my battery! According to coconut battery, my battery is in a reasonable condition. The menu bar tells me it's 10 hours from fully charged, but that hasn't changed in about 20 minutes. When I'm feeling brave enough, I'll reset the SMC and see if that kicks my computer into charging the battery.

Also note that my computer is apparently 2000 years old.
Thanks for the additional info...the photo of your Coconut Battery info helps as well.

744 load cycles is a lot...and under "normal" circumstances...might be a reason to believe that your battery is old & needs to be replaced. But since Coconut Battery is also reporting that your Mac is 24468 months old...maybe the 744 number is incorrect as well.

Also the remaining capacity of 91% would also indicate a good battery.

But...I still think that it would be a good idea to insert a battery that you know is definitely good.

Like I suggested before you could:

- buy a new battery (more expensive)
- buy a used battery cheaply somewhere (less expensive)
- or if you happen to know someone with a MacBook that uses the same battery...mabe you could pop it into your computer to see if it helps.

If your battery is not the problem...then it is something else...but we won't know for sure unless a 100% known good battery is used.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ethernet connection for Macbook Air | Trackpad Woes for Aluminum/Late 2008 »