New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I love my iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

It's been around 2 months, and I still can't get enough of my iBook.

Sorry about the lack of content in this post, but to be honest, I was really just getting tired of seeing that absurd "iBook Scam" thread everytime I visited the board. :rolleyes:

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Yeah, im glad to hear it. I know I will be buying a laptop and I will get an iBook or equvalent mac book when ever that time may be.

Love your mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I love my iBook too. Only thing is, I wish I bought one with a DVD player in it. Other than that, I use it on a daily basis, and it isn't my main computer. Hmm, well I guess it could be now that I use it so much

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Yes the iBook rocks as a consumer notebook. Mine has DVD and I love bringing it into work on a slow Saturday and watching movies

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

schweb you just like slacking off whenever possible at work. it can be busy and you'll hide in the bathroom watching the Matrix :p

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
bonnyjoy

i bought an i book 1 week back.It is marvellous.I just love my ibook.
QUOTE Thanks
kirkhings

heyhey

i really love my original tangerine ibook with OS 9.2, had it for years now just one addition I'd like to make:

I have a free copy of OS X.3 panther for teachers, and I'd really like to use it for the iMovie software mostly.

However, my ibook's HD is only 3gb, and i want to keep OS 9.2 on it with the graphics software I have installed.

So I fingured I'll just get an external HD say 50-100gb and install OS X on that, then boot my ibook off that HD and move completed movies thru ethernet or USB to my XP where my cd/dvd burner is. Ahh, utopia...

Except I have no idea:

1- how to 'dual-boot' (i think the term is) so I can selectively boot off the main HD or the xternal

2- what's a recommended external HD model and supplier?

3- has anyone done this before? any hiccups to watch for?

4- how to connect my ibook via USB or Ethernet (preferred) to my XP without a router? or possibly recommend a router?

5- Advice on home networking my ibook with my XP?

thanks for any and all advice...
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

kirkings no need to cross post......just look at the thread you created for your answer
QUOTE Thanks
fumomo

I bought my first ever computer to take with me when I moved to Japan in May and I am very glad to have chosen an iBook. I have used PCs all my life but I took to the Mac like a duck to water - it's so easy to use. And it's much better-looking than a PC, both the machine and the OS!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook 15.2" screen | IP connection on powerbook »