Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    Question I Have a Dilemma, 13" Macbook Pro or 15" Macbook Pro?
    Hello everyone,

This is my first time on this forum and I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this so please forgive me. I am in a little bit of a dilemma here cannot decide between the Macbook Pro 13" and the Macbook Pro 15". I will generally be using this for school, music recording, email, a game here and there, and surfing the web. I am little concerned about music recording I am trying to figure out if 13" will be ideal for music recording or will I need to step up to a 15" (Money is not an issue between the two). I like the 13" because of the portableness of it. I like the 15" because it is a bigger screen and has louder speakers. I am worried that the 15" is going to be too big to haul around. I wont be doing a lot of hauling around but a fair amount. I you decide to help me out keep in mind music recording. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank so much for taking to read all this,

Fred

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    They are almost identical except for the CPU speed, and obviously the screen size. It only becomes drastically different when you look at the 15" that has a dedicated graphics card.

Specs:
    27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    After using a 17 Laptop for a bit i went back to the 15 as it was better for lugging around, especially on aircraft in economy seats - my advice - go for the 15 as the 13 is just a bit restrictive.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    They are almost identical except for the CPU speed, and obviously the screen size. It only becomes drastically different when you look at the 15" that has a dedicated graphics card.
    Yes this is true but do you think a 13" is all I need or do you think I need the 15" (I would either get the high end 13" or the low end 15" which is the same specs).

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
    After using a 17 Laptop for a bit i went back to the 15 as it was better for lugging around, especially on aircraft in economy seats - my advice - go for the 15 as the 13 is just a bit restrictive.
    Yeah I'm thinking your right. How does it feel to carry around a 15 compared to a 13? Any idea?

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I'm going to refer you back to this thread, because I did a whole spiel on your dilemma.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    How well will a 15" fit in a book bag?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fretboard View Post
    How well will a 15" fit in a book bag?
    I would buy a separate bag. I wouldn't but it in with any of my books. I found a messenger bag that is pretty stylish that has it's separate compartment for a notebook, that can fit a 15" Notebook. Only downside was the price. >_<" cost almost 100 bucks.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I would buy a separate bag. I wouldn't but it in with any of my books. I found a messenger bag that is pretty stylish that has it's separate compartment for a notebook, that can fit a 15" Notebook. Only downside was the price. >_<" cost almost 100 bucks.
    I was thinking I would buy the sleeve stick it in there when I might need it.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
    I don't mean to make a big deal about this whole thing, I any help I can get will help me with this ( I am spending a good amount of money ) Oh and thanks so much everyone for you help so far it is giving me some things to consider. I will still gladly appreciate any help I can get.

Thread Information