Trackpad Not Working
    I spilled a really tiny bit of water on my unibody Macbook trackpad and now it isn't clicking.

At first I was able to click but it wouldn't work sometimes and then it got better and started clicking almost all the time. I watched a 20 minute video and when I was I found out it wasn't clicking at all except for the far right side of it.

I can move the mouse around and everything but it won't click at all on the left side or middle. Please help.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    There isn't much you can do especially since it's water damage and it's a hardware issue.

Either bring it in and have a genius look at it, and they will know it's water damage so don't even try and lie about it. They will give you a quote on the repairs. That's the only way you are going to fix your trackpad. Either that or get a USB mouse.

Best regards.

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthomas View Post
    I spilled a really tiny bit of water on my unibody Macbook trackpad and now it isn't clicking.

At first I was able to click but it wouldn't work sometimes and then it got better and started clicking almost all the time. I watched a 20 minute video and when I was I found out it wasn't clicking at all except for the far right side of it.

I can move the mouse around and everything but it won't click at all on the left side or middle. Please help.
    Turn on tap to click?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    There isn't much you can do especially since it's water damage and it's a hardware issue.

Either bring it in and have a genius look at it, and they will know it's water damage so don't even try and lie about it. They will give you a quote on the repairs. That's the only way you are going to fix your trackpad. Either that or get a USB mouse.

Best regards.
    see above?

Right now I'm using a mouse, I hate tap to click.

I'm going to try to see if it will dry or if there's any other way to fix it before I take it to Apple.

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthomas View Post
    Right now I'm using a mouse, I hate tap to click.

I'm going to try to see if it will dry or if there's any other way to fix it before I take it to Apple.
    If it stopped working, then the damage is already done. It won't dry.

As for hating tap to click, I can't understand why anyone would want to use the whole track pad as a button. Personal preferences are weird.

If I press really hard it works but it's only really sensitive on the right side. Is there anyway that I could make it more sensitive without taking it in?

Or does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get it repaired?

It's working now! At least temporarily.

I removed the battery and "screwed" around with the screw and now it's clicking completely and is actually a little quieter.

Thread Information