New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Problems with casing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rokurosv

Rokurosv is on a distinguished road

Well I just noticed that when I touch the left side of my macbook, where the ports are located I can press it and feels like it clicks or something, it feels a little loose. Can I tighten the screws that are in the side to see if that fixes the problem? What is located in that side of the macbook? Should I be worried about this clicking sound?
I added a picture of the side that's having issues just in case

Thanks for your time
Attached Images
File Type: png side.png (43.6 KB, 19 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Is your MacBook still under warranty, Apple care? If it is, you might want to take it on in and have it looked at. There have been problems with certain MacBook machines constructed of polystyrene plastic cracking and\or warping around the edges. Apple has been real good about replacing whichever part of the case that was effected. Even if it's not still under warranty, take it on in.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Rokurosv

Rokurosv is on a distinguished road

Yes I've only had it for 2 weeks so I'm still under the 1 year warranty so I might go to have it checked. Hope it's nothing serious. I haven't noticed any cracks or warps in the casing, I guess that with the hear it might get warped.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac, Mac Pro or Mac Book pro; for iPhone development | Clamshell compatible charger »