New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

was ready to buy ibook today but..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevescivic

stevescivic is on a distinguished road

I was ready to purchase the 12" ibook but apple told me that I would not qualify for the os X tiger operating system.

I of course refused to buy the laptop but I'm wanting to know when will tiger be available? They say the first half of this year but when will that be?

Also are there certain things about the 12" ibook that I should be weary of?

I was thinking of upgrading to bluetooth and a 60GB hard drive.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Release date for Tiger has not been announced yet but the Beta version was just labelled Gold Master (it is all set to be released they just have to announce it and get it rollin out from the factories)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

i know this question was asked a million times but, will my ibook be able to run tiger smoothly? (12' iBook G4 ,60 GB HD, 256 MB RAM) I was thinking of upgrading to 512 or 768 MB of RAM..if that would help lol
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDVFH.
i know this question was asked a million times but, will my ibook be able to run tiger smoothly? (12' iBook G4 ,60 GB HD, 256 MB RAM) I was thinking of upgrading to 512 or 768 MB of RAM..if that would help lol
Your iBook should run Tiger with performance comparable to Panther. Wait till Tiger comes out and people review it to get a more precise answer. Upgrade your RAM though.
QUOTE Thanks
stevescivic

stevescivic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli
Your iBook should run Tiger with performance comparable to Panther. Wait till Tiger comes out and people review it to get a more precise answer. Upgrade your RAM though.
I was just reading some old posts and found that the ibook is possibly due for an overhaul by the end of april?

can anyone confirm this rumor?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Not really an overhaul but they will probably get some speed bumps

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

If you want the iBook now, just go for it. Otherwise, you can wait until Tiger is announced officially (which is supposed to be happening within the next couple weeks, according to the rumor sites) and I believe Apple will give you a voucher for Tiger.

I bought a 12" iBook earlier this year and I absolutely love it (it replaced a ThinkPad T21). No problems so far, and I upgraded to the 80 GB hard drive and added 512 MB of memory from Crucial.
QUOTE Thanks
sebeck

Another vote for a bigger hdd. I upgraded mine to a 60gb and added 512mb of memory. I'm a happy camper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« drag and drop broken | my 12" iBook G4 Modem »