Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    october
    Guest
    PB purchase pending for Tiger
    I've been planning for about two months now for a PB 15". I've been holding off for Tiger to be included. As anyone would understand I'm getting impatient and was wondering how long it would take for it to be included once it is released.. does anybody have any ideas of the time frame?

  2. #2
    zakatov
    Guest
    As soon as Tiger is announced (should be next week*), all computers bought will be eligible for a free** Tiger upgrade, IIRC. So hold on a little more

    *I'm just guesstimating, more accurate time frame is any time before NAB, mid-April.
    **like 15$ SH

  3. #3

    Big Mike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 28, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    68
    Specs:
    iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
    I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike
    I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?
    Highly doubtful

    I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  5. #5
    iDVFH.
    Guest
    I'm not really that enticed by Tiger yet..I still think there's gonna be a few bugs that are going to have to be found by mass use of the OS..until I'll keep Panther (maybe until Tiger gets it's first update)

  6. #6

    Big Mike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 28, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    68
    Specs:
    iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    Highly doubtful

    I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, I didn't think so. I'll probably stick with Panther for a while, all though I don't want my brand new PB to be outdated so soon...
    How much do you think the upgrade will cost? I'm thinking around $150.

  7. #7
    Kokopelli
    Guest
    No need to guess. It is available for preorder on Amazon already. Currently you can get it for $95 with discount. Normal price is $129.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pending ios 5.1 release x iphone 4s
    By iGonga in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 12:31 AM
  2. Current Pending Sector?
    By a9205 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
  3. Reinstalling Tiger after purchase
    By Wally in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. Need help - pending disk failure
    By mogwai in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
  5. Quicktime Update Pending?
    By schweb in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •