New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PB purchase pending for Tiger

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

october

I've been planning for about two months now for a PB 15". I've been holding off for Tiger to be included. As anyone would understand I'm getting impatient and was wondering how long it would take for it to be included once it is released.. does anybody have any ideas of the time frame?
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov

As soon as Tiger is announced (should be next week*), all computers bought will be eligible for a free** Tiger upgrade, IIRC. So hold on a little more

*I'm just guesstimating, more accurate time frame is any time before NAB, mid-April.
**like 15$ SH
QUOTE Thanks
Big Mike

Big Mike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G

I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?
Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

I'm not really that enticed by Tiger yet..I still think there's gonna be a few bugs that are going to have to be found by mass use of the OS..until I'll keep Panther (maybe until Tiger gets it's first update)
QUOTE Thanks
Big Mike

Big Mike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I didn't think so. I'll probably stick with Panther for a while, all though I don't want my brand new PB to be outdated so soon...
How much do you think the upgrade will cost? I'm thinking around $150.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

No need to guess. It is available for preorder on Amazon already. Currently you can get it for $95 with discount. Normal price is $129.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wireless g for ibook g3 | drag and drop broken »