New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - First gen Uniboday 2.4ghz upgrade to 8GB or RAM?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

roubaix

roubaix is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I have a first generation 15" 2.4Ghz unibody MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM running Leopard. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to 8GB of RAM after installing the new Snow Leopard. Is it possible at all?

I've heard the mid 2009 second gen unibody MacBook Pros(2.5Ghz and up) have a different chipset which allows 8GB of Ram. If so I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Roubaix
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

This would be a good place to verify your query... you know, it took me only about 5 seconds to find this, nevertheless...hope it helped

QUOTE Thanks
chrismac

chrismac has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roubaix View Post
Hi guys,

I have a first generation 15" 2.4Ghz unibody MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM running Leopard. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to 8GB of RAM after installing the new Snow Leopard. Is it possible at all?

I've heard the mid 2009 second gen unibody MacBook Pros(2.5Ghz and up) have a different chipset which allows 8GB of Ram. If so I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Roubaix
Not that I am aware. Your machine officially supports a max of 4GB of RAM. However, you can put a 4GB stick and a 2GB stick in giving you 6GB of RAM. Some guys on here have done it, but seen no noticeable improvement.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 13 inch MBP | 13" Running much hotter than before? »