New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Not sure where to find specs, want to know what games I can play

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gjaquith

gjaquith is on a distinguished road

I have a 13in MacBook pro that i got a few months ago. No upgrades, haven't added anything to it. Im looking to get some games, and am not sure the specs on this and therefore if I can run them or not. 2 questions:

1. Where do I look on the computer for a list of these specs?

2. These are the specs of a specific game Im looking at, can I run it do you think?

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G4 or later
CPU Speed: 1GHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 2.8GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 7500 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce2 MX or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: DVD Drive

Thanks for any help
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Go to Apple menu - top left of menu bar click on that hold option key and about this mac becomes sys profiler - click that for your specs.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

of cousrse you can play that...

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Wouldn't be so quick to say that specific game will work.

Hardware wise, if by "I got a few months ago" means you bought a new Mac and not some used one, then yes your machine is well above the hardware requirements to run the game.

However, since that game was designed for OS X 10.2 and you are running either 10.5 or 10.6 now, you need to check to see if that game's forum, tell us what the specific name of the game is, or use google on your own to determine if that old game will still run (or they have had patches for it) in the new OS.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
gjaquith

gjaquith is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help. I bought it new in April. The game I am asking about is Command and Conquer Generals deluxe. Do you think it will work properly on this computer?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

(whispering) yes... it will

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upkeep of your MacBook | Storing a MacBook Pro...? »