New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro Unibody Skuff from box new

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ace.13unibody

ace.13unibody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G

I just bought a new Macbook pro Unibody, 13", and i noticed today when the sun shined on it by the power button there is a line that looks like a line where the bottom of the unibody was welded to the top of the unibody, anybody else seen this? I am attaching a low quality picture i took with my phone, hopefully that will inspire insight. At first i thought it was a crack, but its basically looks like a access point to the keyboard or something? Any suggestions, Should i take it to an apple store or.....? Thanks for any help, Adrian
This is a horrible picture, but basically the line is inside where i outlined, thanks... and the line doesn't go over the power button, so i think that rules out some screen contact skuffs
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Can't really see anything from the pic. Did you buy it from the Apple Store? Take it in and see what they think. You have like 14 days so you could return it (with a restocking fee) if it came down to that. The are normally very good at the Apple Store.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

It would help if the picture's quality was somewhat better, I can't see anything on this one... but if you think it's unacceptable, take it in...

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Like has already been said...bad picture. But if the "mark" on the MacBook is unsightly...take it back ASAP...the longer you wait, the more they may think you did it!

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

Talked to an apple guy and figured out it is a residue some unibody's get on them, got it taken off with a little polishing with a microfiber, thanks for all your help
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Well, that's a laugh....
Good for you, next time you might wanna try that ...before?

QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

well....haha, i know i feel pretty stupid about it, but i did try before i just thought it was a crack, so i didn't rub very hard, then after i talked to the guy i went at it for 30 seconds with a microfiber and some lcd screen cleaner, but ya, next time....
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Also, there are no welds on the body, hence the term unibody. These are all milled on a water jet cutter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Replacement Clamshell Indigo Apple Logo On Lid | Need new logic board »