New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - Replacement Clamshell Indigo Apple Logo On Lid

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

333mhz

333mhz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.

I am considering a purchase on an Indigo Clamshell computer. On the top of the case the blue apple logo is missing. I was wondering if its possible to buy a replacement.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333mhz View Post
I am considering a purchase on an Indigo Clamshell computer. On the top of the case the blue apple logo is missing. I was wondering if its possible to buy a replacement.
If I was looking for a replacement Apple logo I would:

- check e-Bay...maybe someone is selling them
- depending how much you want to spend...I would look for a "junk", non-working computer and get the part from there.
- sometimes folks on e-Bay will disassemble a non-working computer & sell the parts. So you could look for the top shell for your laptop, and source the part that way

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
333mhz

Thanks, that is helpful advice. I'm off to go and browse now.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333mhz View Post
Thanks, that is helpful advice. I'm off to go and browse now.
I actually had a similar problem to yours with a G3 iMac I have. It has one of those plastic colored Apple logos in the top...and it fell out. Of course I was tight there & picked it up...but I very easily could have lost it!

Good luck...hope you find what you need!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
333mhz

Hmm, no luck. I have found lid replacements, but they cost more than the computer itself...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What happened to my new Macbook Pros battery life? | Macbook Pro Unibody Skuff from box new »